Saturday, June 18, 2011

"In the Garden" Figurative Impressionistic Oil Painting Prints Available





                         
In April I was one of 30 artists participating in An Artist a Day event at the Muse Art and Design in Portland, Oregon.  A different artist painted in the front window of the store each day of the month.  In May a reception was held at Milepost 5, and the 30 paintings were auctioned, with 50% of the proceeds donated to benefit Schoolhouse Supplies.

This particular painting was well received; 8"x10" prints are now available for $30 each including shipping (10% of sales is donated to local animal rescue groups.) The print is on luster paper which has a satin finish, and is sprayed with UV blocking spray to prevent fading. This print is vibrant with a wide off-white or white mat under glass in a standard sized 16" x 20" frame.  The print may be purchased below through Paypal. -Janet Amundson-Splidsboel  (original SOLD)



4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Janet! And I'm intrigued by spraying the print with a sunblock spray too. I'd not heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's not sunblock spray like a person would use but it is a spray used for art that blocks the UV rays and it comes in gloss, satin, or matte finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at Sara Star's house and she is attempting to actually teach me how to do blogspot...a huge challenge for her and hope I am not ruining her day.

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JaneT: I am an encaustic artist from Calgary and I have been following your blog. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. What did you use to tone your board with in this painting -it looks like an oil rub to me. Have you had any problems with the encaustic adhering to a dried oil base? Secondly, I was wondering what tool you used to do the orange line work in the faces of your figure pieces? Thanks so much@

    ReplyDelete