Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Encaustic Figurative "Heather" 12x12 Janet Amundson-Splidsboel

SOLD
"Heather" gave me the opportunity to paint skin with molten beeswax (encaustic painting).  I keep many of my live model figure sketches and sometimes look through them for inspiration for paintings, which is what I did in this case.  There is only a slight resemblance to my original drawing but it is the pose that got me started and then I used my imagination from that point on.  This is a 12"x12" encaustic painting on board, framed in a wide classic gold frame.  -Janet Amundson-Splidsboel

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Janet! I have been doing hte same with life drawing sketches, because I have a stack of them that end up in my "Gallery in the closet."

    You continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different from your portraits and so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for your support of whatever I try.

      Delete