Thursday, January 24, 2013

Encaustic Still Life and Figurative


Donated to Cascade Aids Project 2013 Auction
SOLD

I posted this 24"x24" framed Encaustic a couple of months ago but I've continued to feel it lacked a focal point so this week I made changes to it and I'm more satisfied with it now.

SOLD
"Her First Tattoo" is a new 16"x12" Encaustic, unframed on cradle board.  It will be in a show about Portland, Oregon, and a tattoo felt right to me.  Both of these art pieces are painted with  layers of molten, pigmented beeswax, with each layer of new wax fused to the underneath layers with a propane torch.  -Janet Amundson-Splidsboel

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, as usual. Love her first tattoo. Your work always makes my eyes happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy. I always appreciate your support of my art. I still love my doll "Joy" which you created.

      Delete